How to Apply for Financial Aid / Scholarships
Please contact the school directly by emailing email@example.com to confirm application deadlines.
All current and prospective MDS families are eligible to apply for aid to assist with MDS tuition. Application for assistance in no way affects the admission decision. All applications are kept confidential.
Each year’s financial aid decisions depend on the funds available. Please note that the scholarship funds for the 2017-2018 school year are limited. A PSG scholarship would typically be awarded for no more than $1,800. We are a small school and are very grateful to offer assistance to some.
Applicants’ information is processed and standardized by Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS), so that the MDS Parent Support Group (MDS-PSG) can make equitable comparisons of need.
We encourage you to fill out the TADS forms online, as this speeds the process. If you would like a paper application or have any questions about applying, please contact TADS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and or calling the TADS Parent Helpline at 1-800-884-8237.
- Go to www.mytads.com.
- MDS’s School ID: DU330560000
- School name: Montessori Day School
- School City: Chapel Hill
- Use the Financial Aid Worksheet (4 pages) to organize your information:
http://www.tads.com/resources/FA/TADS_FA_Worksheet_Online.pdfYou will need the following supporting documentation before you begin the application process:+ Most recently filed federal taxes.
+ Most recent W-2’s received by all Parents/Guardians listed on application.
+ Recent pay stubs of jobs that Parents/Guardians currently hold.
+ All documentation that establishes how much miscellaneous monthly or yearly income you currently receive (i.e. welfare, food stamps, unemployment, workers’ compensation).
+ All corporate, partnership and trust tax forms, if a Parent/Guardian owns 20% or more interest in a corporation or partnership or if any member of the household owns 20% or more interest in a trust.
+ Other documentation (recent utility bills, daycare expense, etc.,) may be required.
- In addition, TADS will require that you submit to them copies of the above documentation. These documents can be faxed to TADS at (612) 548-3326, mailed, or scanned and uploaded to TADS.
- There is a fee ($34) payable to TADS to apply. Please inquire if you need a fee waiver.
- Enter each child who attends MDS using our school code, as well as children for whom you pay tuition at another school or college, all on one application (see directions for Section 22). Enter ID# 99999 for children who attend another non-public school.
- In cases where divorced, separated, or never married parents are both contributing to the support of the child, both must fill in an application, or fill it in jointly. If tuition is paid all or in part by someone else (e.g. grandparent), these payments MUST be reported on the application in the section for Contributions in Education.
- You can order an optional Parent Report for a small fee after completing your application, which merely summarizes the information you gave to TADS. The same information, however, is available for free online.
All award decisions are made by MDS PSG. You will receive notice about your award from MDS PSG, not TADS.
Please contact the school at (919) 929-3339 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
Montessori Day School of Chapel Hill Parent Support Group does not discriminate on any basis whatsoever in awarding financial aid.