For over 35 years, Montessori Day School has been providing quality Montessori education in the Chapel Hill community. Our experienced teachers respect the unique personality and learning style of each child and do not compare a child to norms or standards that are measured by traditional educational systems. Our philosophy encourages a child to learn in his or her own way and proceed at his or her own pace, with an unlimited curriculum, teaching self-reliance and independence, leading to more opportunities to develop abstract thinking. Our students benefit from our emphasis on and expectation of mutual respect, grace, and courtesy. Our goal at Montessori Day School is to provide a stimulating, child oriented environment where children ages 18 months to 12 years can explore, touch, and learn without limitations. The end result is to build a life-long love of learning.
Calendar & Upcoming Events
- Friday, March 24: 11:45am Dismissal for ALL students
- Monday, March 27 – Monday April 3: No School – Spring Break
- Tuesday, April 4: Return to school from Spring Break
- Wednesday, April 5: PSG Hotdog Luch and Kids’ Carnival 11:30am-1:00pm
- Friday, April 14: School in session for makeup day
- Monday, May 1: No School – Teacher Workday
- Friday, May 5: PSG Spring Fling/Auction and Youth Concert 11:30am-1:00pm
- Friday, May 26: Extended Day Graduation 1:00pm
- Monday, May 29: No School – Memorial Day
- Friday, June 2: 11:45am dismissal for All students – last day of School
MDS at a Glance
- Founded in Chapel Hill in 1979
- In June 2013, MDS relocated to a completely renovated building at 1702 Legion Road, in Chapel Hill
- Offers Programs for Toddlers, Preschoolers & Elementary Students, from 18 months – 6th Grade
- Current Enrollment: 52
- MDS is now in its 36th year providing the best Montessori education for our students! We are so proud to have served our community’s youth for 3.5 decades, and we look forward to many more years of learning!
- MDS collected a total of 211 books for local kids in need of books during our Book Harvest Book Drive! A huge thank you to all the MDS families who helped make our Book Drive a great success this year by donating books!