For over 35 years, Montessori Day School has been providing quality Montessori education in the Chapel Hill community. Our experienced teachers respect the unique personality and learning style of each child and do not compare a child to norms or standards that are measured by traditional educational systems. Our philosophy encourages a child to learn in his or her own way and proceed at his or her own pace, with an unlimited curriculum, teaching self-reliance and independence, leading to more opportunities to develop abstract thinking. Our students benefit from our emphasis on and expectation of mutual respect, grace, and courtesy. Our goal at Montessori Day School is to provide a stimulating, child oriented environment where children ages 18 months to 12 years can explore, touch, and learn without limitations. The end result is to build a life-long love of learning.
MDS at a Glance
- Founded in Chapel Hill in 1979
- Member of the American Montessori Society
- In June 2013, MDS relocated to a completely renovated building at 1702 Legion Road, in Chapel Hill
- Offers Programs for Toddlers, Preschoolers & Elementary Students, from 18 months – 6th Grade
- Current Enrollment: 65
- MDS is now in its 40th year providing the best Montessori education for our students! We are so proud to have served our community’s youth for 4 decades, and we look forward to many more years of learning!